Sermon: Your Spiritual Survival Kit
(Rom 12:11) Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
(Rom 12:12) Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
(Rom 12:13) Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
(Rom 12:14) Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
(Rom 12:15) Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
(Rom 12:16) Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Your Spiritual Survival Kit
We will look for at least three commands in our Kit.
- The first command in our survival kit is to rejoice in Hope.
- The second command in Paul’s spiritual survival kit is patience in tribulation.
- This last command in the spiritual survival kit is to continue steadfast in prayer.
Spiritual survivors are those who have exchanged;
- Their torments for God’s triumphs.
- Their foolishness for God’s wisdom.
- Their cares for Christ’s comfort.
- Their hurts for Christ’s healing.
- And their heartaches for Christ’s hallelujahs.
Do I have any survivors reading this message?
Satan may have kicked us down, but God lifted us up.
Satan may have bound us with sin, but Christ released us.
Satan may have tried to destroy us, but God remolded us. Satan may have tried to ruin us, but God gave us hope.
Where there was fear, now faith is in control.
Where there was sadness, now joy abides.
Where there was despair, now hope stands firm.
Where there was anxiety, now assurance reigns.